How to complain
If I have a complaint what should I do?
Firstly, contact the member of staff you originally dealt with. They should be familiar with your case and may be able to clear up any misunderstanding.
If you remain dissatisfied you may wish to raise a formal complaint. You can do this by e-mail, telephone or you can put your complaint in writing.
It will help us if you can
- Provide any reference numbers (e.g. plan, funeral director etc).
- State your case clearly and include relevant dates.
- Send copies of relevant documents (you should hold on to the originals).
Golden Charter is registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA) and we fully support and adhere to its rules on complaint handling.
How we will deal with your complaint
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 7 working days of receipt.
- We will tell you who's dealing with your complaint so contacting us is easier. This person will be a trained complaint handler not directly involved with your case before the complaint.
- We will fully investigate your complaint and send you a reply confirming our findings. We'll clearly explain the reasons behind our decision and what action we'll take to put things right, if appropriate.
- We will look to send you our final response within no more than 20
working days from the receipt date of your complaint. Should we be unable to do this we will contact you to clearly explain the reasons for any delay.
What to do if you are still not happy with the outcome
We want to resolve complaints to your satisfaction whenever possible. If we can't reach agreement with you, you can refer your complaint to the Funeral Planning Authority. Please note the Funeral Planning Authority deal with complaints pertaining to funeral plans only and not for example, funeral directors themselves.
The Funeral Planning Authority is an impartial adjudicator and provides a free, independent arbitration service for resolving disputes within the funeral planning sector.
You can contact us by
At Golden Charter we are committed to ensuring there are no barriers to you making a complaint and as such you can:
0800 171 2955
Calls may be monitored and/or recorded to protect both you and us and help with our training. Call charges will vary.
Customer Resolution Department
10 Canniesburn Drive
- There is no guarantee that any email sent will be received, or that the contents will remain private during internet transmission.
- Calls may be monitored and/or recorded to protect both you and us and help with our training. Call charges will vary.